Women Potato Entrepreneurship Project (PEP-FEM), 2021 - 2022
Donor: Belgian Cooperation / ENABEL
The overall objective of the project is to support entrepreneurship and improve the performance of active and aspiring women entrepreneurs in the potato value chain of the Mamou region of the Republic of Guinea.
What we do
This is a separate grant agreement, that comes in as an additional component to the Potato Entrepreneurship Project (PEP), aiming specifically to promote women entrepreneurship. EUCORD will take action to:
- Identify beneficiaries and development of a capacity building plan
- Build the capacity of active and aspiring women entrepreneurs: financial education and literacy trainings in particular
- Facilitation of business relations, formalization of MSMEs and access to finance
The beneficiaries of the project will be mainly 1,400 women producers and their representative groups (UGAS and FPFD), as well as 70 agro-entrepreneurs focused on production, the provision of inputs, processing units or marketing activities. Beneficiaries may be the same as the ones targeted under the PEP, but with differentiated support.
- Started in January 2021 for a period of 2 years. Recruitment of 3 staff completed in March
- Completed field visits to identity half of the targeted women beneficiaries (700 in Year 1)
- Developing literacy trainings and preparing financial education trainings